Join in the challenges and triumphs of teaching, learning, living, and the everyday happenings.

Friday, November 11, 2011

My boyfriends back!

Okay, okay, so my husband is back! He got to come home early from his deployment, 5 months early in fact!!!!
I got to pick him up Saturday from the airport! I was getting along just fine and all while he was gone, but once I got word he would be coming back, and SOON, I started to realize just how much I had missed him!
Straight after picking him up we went to IKEA, a larger bed was in order. He had been sleeping in a king size bed while deployed, and I had become accustomed to stretching out in our double at home. It was known that we would not be able to live much longer with such a small bed. We thought we had a bed picked out from previous IKEA trips, but when we got there we changed our minds. It was a quick and easy change as we both agreed on a new frame and found a mattress almost straight away.
This is the one! They delivered it on Tuesday, and BOY IS IT HEAVEN!!!!! How did we ever share a double before!?
Needless to say I am one happy girl!

As far as school goes:
-First quarter is over, generally all went well
-Art projects are finished and displayed, I hope to add some pictures for you to see, they did a great job.
-PE starts this quarter, I'm kind of dreading it
-Parent/Teacher conferences were Wednesday and Thursday this week, everyone showed. Most parents were really receptive to things we had to say.
-Carol and I have started working out together at least twice a week, generally walking the perimeter road at a fast pace, it is about a 3 mile walk. (My dogs are loving it too!)

And I have a friend who has started a blog about her time being an au pair in Spain, so my goal is to keep up posting with her, a little friendly competition never hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I will start checking here more often then. Post straight away and often... you used it twice :-)

    ReplyDelete