Join in the challenges and triumphs of teaching, learning, living, and the everyday happenings.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

School is back in session!
While I'm not as excited as that above exclamation mark, I did have the most wonderful winter break.
School got out on 16 December and believe me, it was welcomed. I had the most enjoyable relaxing week. We started it off with Aaron's work Christmas party on the 17th, it was fun, there was a scavenger hunt and I SOMEHOW was nominated as our tables representative, there were 17 tables in all, and I came in 2nd, which to be honest I'm still a bit bitter about, the last item on the hunt was a Blue Tooth Ear Device.... REALLY!?!?! Who has those any more? Especially when all these people work in the techy side of the Air Force. Ohwell.... I can let it go now.
Maybe
Anyways, I cheered up when Not only Santa showed, but Mrs. Claus and an elf came too! It's a yearly competition/fundraiser, people vote by buying tickets and the people with the top 3 votes get to dress up like this trio. Definitely brought good laughs and smiles.

The hubs and I even got cleaned up for the party, but unfortunately there isn't a good picture of both of us, so this one with our friend flexin in the background will have to do. 


Aaron and I couldn't wait for Christmas to come, so we caved and opened early. Like any teacher I was uber excited to get some books, NEW CRICUT Cartridges, and then spoiled with new camera lenses, a camera bag, and a Mac Mini!
YAY Cricut Cartridges (Plus I got the DINO one) I <3 Dinos


Opening Aftermath, plus had to use my new 18mm lens

Someone was exhausted from the festivities
Then I was honored enough to have my dear dear friend Maria join me for a few days before Christmas, followed by a few days after Christmas. She is currently doing an au pair gig in Spain and took a few days off to come visit, it was great to have her here. We enjoyed some time in our PJs,  I took her on her first ever IKEA (aka Heaven) experience, where she somehow didn't buy a single thing, I of course, found a bag full of items I HAD TO HAVE. We went to London, which PS Please go see that city at night, it is even more gorgeous. And hardly any one is out. I still have yet to make it on the London Eye, at this point it's getting to be hilarious that I miss it every time, we either run out of time, or there are a million and 12 people in line and I'm far too impatient to wait that out. 
Maria and I enjoying the rainy/windy evening in London, riding the UnderGround

The London Eye at Night, beautifully lit 
Buckingham Palace, hardly anyone around, unlike the last time Hubs and I went, the Queen was out on holiday, the palace was open for tours, PLUS Kate's dress was on display, we couldn't get anywhere near this place. 

We were invited to a Christmas Eve dinner with all of our friends, had a blast, lots of food, and Kinect Just Dance 3, some major competitions got going there. But here is Baby Claus to bring a smile to your face.

We went to Dublin, Ireland with another couple to bring in the New Year, we had a FANTASTIC time and left with stories we'll never forget, got a good taste of the Irish, dined like Royalty and had a very accommodating, and comfortable hotel. While I took nearly 1000 photos I'll leave you with one of my favorites. 

Oh and it's great to see all those super cute kiddo faces back at school this week, although I could do without the indoor recesses, we've had 2 this week, and personally, that is 2 too many. They are our first of the school year though, which I would say is a good record for Rainy Ol' England!

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment