Join in the challenges and triumphs of teaching, learning, living, and the everyday happenings.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

2nd 9 weeks

We are under way in the 2nd nine weeks! Parent/Teacher Conferences went well, still have 3 left, one had to cancel last week due to a cold, and the other two I suspect won't be showing, unfortunately but can't really force them to show.
Red Ribbon week, similar to DARE for those unfamiliar, was also this last week. The kids did a great job participating and enjoyed the red ribbon walk we had around the town. I for one definitely enjoyed slipper day which I took and extended to Pajama Day, YES! Nothing like teaching AND wearing my favorite clothes! Let me tell you though, it was tough to change back into more appropriate clothes for conferences that day after school.
One of the parents really made me feel good, I have two of her children in my class this year, she says they have improved drastically, not only have I only been there 9 weeks, but she says they also really enjoy school and talk about it all the time. I guess last year and the beginning of this year, they did not have many friends and didn't laugh or smile much. Now they are almost always laughing and smiling, they do not have the best grades yet but I know they will come the middle or end of the year!
PTO is having a Hallo"wiener" party at the park by school today to celebrate Halloween,  the Hubs and I were going to go but we can't think of any good costumes, instead we will be lame and sit at home and hand out candy to the kiddos in the neighborhood. I will just have to hear from them at school Tuesday how they enjoyed it :)
I have finally uploaded pictures to my computer from the first quarter, hopefully I can get some pictures up on the blog today.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Hope that everyone has a safe and spooky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment