Join in the challenges and triumphs of teaching, learning, living, and the everyday happenings.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

LONG week

What a week!
Got married to the love of my life on Monday, it was a lovely little wedding at City Hall, married by the mayor, my mom made it out to take some pictures. She was our only guest. We plan on having a real ceremony/reception in a year or two. My students knew I was going to get married over the weekend and were excited to see me on Tuesday and most remembered the new name, it is funny though, they used to call me Mrs H and now they call me Ms C, they got their titles a little mixed up :)
Tuesday was a busy day at school and my mom and husband came down so that my mom could see my school and room for the very short time she was here. The students loved it and were eager to read with them. Although I had a social studies lesson planned I found the interest to share reading for the last half hour of the day to be more beneficial to them at the time.
Wednesday my lovely husband got up early to take my mom to the airport so that I could sleep a little longer before having to go into work all day.
Thursday doesn't feel as though anything really out of the ordinary happened, I did stay at school until about 7 getting things ready for Friday because all of the teachers had a AIMSweb training to go to at the High School for the day. So our Parapros were going to sub in our classrooms, while I might have made long and detailed sub plans I just wanted to make sure there was enough for the students to do.
The training on Friday was good, I went in not knowing a thing about the program since I am new to the school and missed all the beginning of the year training and everything, came away from it knowing the same if not more than all the other teachers in the district that used it last year. I also found out I am far more computer savvy than I had thought. Set up all the teachers online access to our reading program during lunch too. Boy were they happy about that one! Now they can print almost all the materials they need from the web and had access to an online edition of the Teachers Manual. Which means no more lugging home those huge heavy things.
Now for some enjoyable time outdoors with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment