Join in the challenges and triumphs of teaching, learning, living, and the everyday happenings.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week1

Well the first week sure was busy, exciting, exhausting, and I am another year older!
On Wednesday our class got a new student so now my grades are even, six 2nd graders and six 3rd graders, I have already become attached to my students. I am eager to see them grow and learn and excited to be able to help them overcome some of their challenges.
There was a delay in our new reading program order so we just got the books and resources on Thursday  after almost 2 weeks into the school year. I am very excited about getting the new materials and to really dig in and begin our reading curriculum, for those who are familiar it is the Scott Foresman Reading Street curriculum which I think will truly benefit our students, especially with the specific ELL materials. I spent some time yesterday while my students were watching a video on state history with the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders to help our librarian barcode and inventory all the materials, and man is there a TON of stuff, especially for the Kinders. She, with the help of one of the paraprofessionals, was able to get the teachers manuals and student textbooks plus some other materials barcoded and ready for us to begin using on Tuesday.
Then Friday was my birthday and it was great with the students and staff. I walked into a nice message on my board from the secretary, as well as flowers and a gift on my desk. Then our amazing principal made a nice warm breakfast she brought in, and then there was a home made butterfinger cake for me in the fridge! It was an amazing birthday considering it was the first time I have ever really worked on my birthday. The kids sang to me in the morning and then also again when I picked them up from music.
I need to get down to school tomorrow to rearrange, organize and plan for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment